Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Presidents, Quarters, and This!

Today is a historic day. As you know me, I am not one to get much into politics. You might also know that I have more republican-like tendencies than democratic. Regardless, this is a great day, but at the same day it is sad that it is a great day. It is great in the sense that a black man has been elected Commander in Cheif of the United States of America. But at the same time, isn't it sad that history has made it this way? What would it be like to live in a world where no one cared about skin color? That everyone treated everyone with love and respect, no matter what? At least, in some aspects, the world is getting closer to this hope of mine, and many.

On a less serious note, I have been collecting the state quarts. I was so excited yesterday when I came across a Hawaii quarter. The last one!! I rushed downstairs and to our book shelf where I keep the quarter collection. At last I had them all, and before January 2009 was over! I flipped it open to pop in the last piece and much to my dismay, I am missing New Mexico and Alaska...I was saving them on a shelf in the kitchen (too lazy to put numbers 48 and 49 in the book). I was also collecting quarters on the same shelves for using to ride the city buses. Well, the quarters are gone. Guess my days of quarter gazing aren't over yet!

Wally is in a very fun stage right now. He is into mimicking everyone and everything he sees. He tries to hold his hands in just the same position as Mickey Mouse on his milk cup, tries to scratch his neck with his back leg like Moose, tries to make a goofy smile just like the grandma at the end of his book, and everything in between. It is fun watching him try. I can just see him concentrating on the object he is trying to copy. He is so proud when he has accomplished (in his mind) being the same. When he has it figured out, he yells, "This!" so that we can see that he can do it too.

This would be Wally mimicking his Daddy doing science.


This is just Wally being Wally in his Big Boy Underpants, which we no longer wear...basically, we tried potty training, and he soon realized that he got a new pair everytime he peepeed in them. This was the last pair mean old Mom let him peepee in!

2 comments:

  1. i agree, it would be so much cooler if it didn't matter the color of people's skin...

    its totally creepy how natural your lil one looks in front of the lab bench...guess its all about genetics...haha, such a bad pun....hahaha, i'm so lame! i think that is totally funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Wally, not science! We love you too much!

    ReplyDelete