Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sand in the City

Today, we went downtown for Sand in the City. Yesterday there was a sand sculpture competition, and the sculptures were still there today. This is one of my favorite boys and one of our favorite sculptures. It was actually only in the 60s and windy, but the sun made it nice. There was live music, food vendors, and really expensive kids games. Luckily, Wally is still pretty easy to talk out of things like that. There were some big piles of sand for the kids to play in. Wally had a great time. Just like the beach!
Then he found the real fun...There was a bucket of water by another big pile of sand. We were waiting for Wally to topple right in. He never did, but got plenty dirty!Wet sand is so fun to squish. Wally wasn't the only one to discover the water (but probably the cutest!)
Just now, Joel and Wally hid from me while I was writing this blog. This is what I found. Could have been fun to give them a little push! No Gramma, I didn't actually push them...just thought about it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you need to be nice to my Joel! That's cute - I like Wally peaking out.

    ReplyDelete