Wednesday, August 5, 2009

South Dakota - Part 2 - Just Us and Grandma and Papa

Ok, so I know I am slow, but I blame the blogging site. I've had these pictures uploaded for several weeks now, but I can't get the site to let me change the order, so this is what you will have to deal with.


Wally got to ride on Papa's scoop. He is still talking about scooping dirt on the hill with Papa. In fact, I need to figure out how to make a "Scoop Cake" for his birthday party on Saturday.


We set up a tent and had lots of fun in it. Here we had story and snack time with Grandma Mary and Papa Randy.

I got to go for a ride with my dad, but no one was there, so I took a self portrait. I love flying, especially with my Daddy!



Joel got to go for a ride too, and they got to see lots of buffalo at Custer State Park. By the time I went that night, they were gone.


(This is what I wrote several weeks ago...)





So, I am a bit out of order, but here is part 2 of our trip. We had a few days between Jason and Katie being at Grandma and Papa's house and Joel's family arriving. Wally certainly made the most of it, and proved he was a boy, loving anything with a loud motor.



We couldn't very well go for airplane rides without letting Wally go for one. We strapped him in, put on the head phones and off they went. Papa taxied up and down the runway going just fast enough to get the tail off the ground. Wally thought that was the coolest thing ever. I had to peel him out to let Joel go. He then screamed and kicked the whole way down the runway back to the hangar. The only way I could get him to cheer up was to take him on a 4-wheeler ride with Grandma. Reder liked to ride the 4-wheeler and sit there nicely and point to where he wanted to go. Wally wanted to go fast and he had to hold onto the handle bars. Crazy kid! Where does he get that from?


We visited my dad's cousin's new house and Wally had a great time sliding down the pile of gravel. He was pretty much dirty when he was done.


Luckily, Grandma Mary had gotten a wading pool for the grandkids. Wally kinda likes water.



More to come...I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment