Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pumpkin Fun

While Joel was still in Brazil, Wally and I got ready for Halloween. First, we played with playdoh that he made at Kinderfarm that smelled like "real pumpkin!" See? It was even orange!
Then we picked out a pumpkin. Like his mother as a child, he went for the first BIG pumpkin he saw.
I love watching Wally as he experiences something new. Wally had never seen the inside of a pumpkin (that he remembered), until he opened this one in the video.

Wally proceded to pick out and save every last seed. He wanted to plant them, but I roasted and ate them instead. That face! I gave Wally a marker and told him to draw a face on the pumpkin and I would cut it out on the lines. As you can see from the picture, he did a very nice job drawing a very little face. We had to erase it and draw a bigger face.

His second attempt was perfect!
Wally was sure proud of his jack-o-lantern!

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I love the expression when he opened that pumpkin - but just rolled up his sleeves and dug in - what a trooper!

    ReplyDelete