Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring time fun

Iowa doesn't have mountains, but it doesn't have unending winter either. We have thoroughly been enjoying playing outside in the beautiful weather. Wally and I had picnics on the swing set 2 days in a row. I actually have a tan line from my watch! On days when it is sunny, but not very warm, we have enjoyed having meals (even dinner with Daddy) on the porch.I've been playing in the yard a lot. I can't believe how many leaves I still need to rake in the spring even though we raked tons in the fall! Definitely not like Montana. The iris and daffodils are coming up around town. I think I have some iris...I don't really know what I have around the house since we haven't been here in the spring before. I planted some tulips last fall. I hope they come up. Joel and I have been planning our garden. Sadly, the best place for the garden is in the part of our yard that has the best grass. We laid boards and leaves all over it in hopes of killing the grass before we till it all up. I'm guessing I will just have a messy garden for a while.
Since it is spring break this week, the Coop is closed, but some of us have gotten together anyway. Wally has a great time with his friend Sander. They play really well together, despite them both having 2-year old moments. I brought out the tee-ball set from Great Grandma Minnie for the boys. They like hitting the ball with the bat off the tee, but don't get the running the bases thing yet. Never to young to learn! Luckily, Sander's parents like baseball too!

Now, I will finish off with some random pictures...

We were webcaming with Reder and the other Montana Daughenbaugh's when Wally showed them his bath toy. Reder, genius that he is, yelled "stegasaurus!" Yeah, the kid is a genius! I think Wally is pretty cute though!

Not the best bath tub picture. We cut his hair the next day.

2 comments: