Monday, March 9, 2009

Breathing Machine


When Wally came down with pneumonia a week and a half ago, it took 3 of us to just kinda give him a nebulizer treatment. Now, I just have to tell him that it is time for his Breathing Machine and he will help me get it ready, sit in his chair and hold it on his face for the whole treatment. I find this incredibly amazing since each treatment take 15-20 minutes. When it is getting near the end, he asks, "Done?" When I say OK, he turns it off and helps me put it away. I think it must make him feel better, and he must realize, otherwise I can't see why a 2 year old would sit still and hold a thing (granted it is a fish face) on his face blowing stinky mist at him for 15-20 minutes. He is doing much better, but I can tell he still gets tired easier than he used to and sometimes I can still hear his lungs rattle. What a little trooper.

As a side note, we are learning what rain is. Wow! Did it rain this weekend!! There are actually lots of places flooded already from the rain. Hopefully it isn't as bad as last year! There was plenty of standing water in our front and back yards yesterday. Poor Moose. It seems as though rain comes with thunder and rain comes a lot here. The dog gets so scared, I think it is just time before it induces a seizure for him. Sadly for us, thunder comes around 3:00 in the morning here. That means that we then have a shaking, shedding, drooling 85 lb dog in our bed the rest of the night. Tonight is supposed to be another one of those nights. I'ld take a crying kid at night over poor Moose. I keep telling him that it will only last another 8 months or so.

1 comment:

  1. awww, i don't know who to feel more sorry for! wally or moose!

    ReplyDelete