Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Becky Home Ecky...women's pants suck!

Today I was domestic. I actually brought out Mom's old sewing machine and sewed! It started out because I bought Wally a new swimsuit. It is one of those with the built in life jacket. His friend Sander has one and can swim all over the pool by himself. Wally gets mad because I won't let go of him. We tried out the new suit yesterday...total failure! It is way too big for the kid! So, today I sewed up the sides, between the legs, and on the shoulder straps. He might look kinda funny, but if it works, I will be very excited...and I'm sure he will be too.

While I had the sewing machine out, I decided to attack my jeans. Does anyone else have the problem that there aren't enough belt loops on women's pants to hold the belt in place in the back? It is so uncomfortable when the jeans slip below the belt! Why can't manufacturers put just as many loops on women's pants as on men's? I had some demin colored iron-on patches that I folded in half and ironed together. I then sewed them onto my pants for additional belt loops. Not exactly a professional job. My pants are so much more comfortable now! I still have one pair to go and have only broken 2 needles!

I'll report how the swim suit works later.

1 comment:

  1. i think we need to petition the pant makers to add back those 2 belt loops! seriously! although, it seems that you have a good solution...wanna come do my pants?? :0)

    ReplyDelete