Monday, October 31, 2011

Randomness of our life...

Since we are trying to sell the dog house, we moved it from its home in the back yard. I decided to turn the rather ugly area it was, into a flower bed. I'm quite excited because it is oddly one of the sunnier places around out house. I bought some landscaping bricks and built a little wall. I think it looks really nice. Now I need to get some dirt to fill it in. I'm excited to plan some awesome flowers there next spring.

While I built, Moose found a nice place to lay..."its like a beach!"


We "celebrated" our 2-year anniversary of working to bring Brother and Sister home on Oct 12, 2011. We just had chili, but we made injera to eat with it.

Some day, the other chairs will be filled with kids too.

I made Ethiopian honey rosemary bread for dessert. Yummy!

Wally likes to make stuff from Star Wars. His latest creation is Anikin Skywalker's pod racer.


Wally likes to model his various Star Wars stuff...pod racer, picture of light sabers, a Star Wars necklace, and a light saber. We have been enjoying taking weekend walks at Hickory Hill. It is so beautiful. If we get lost, we won't be hugging this tree...see those 4 inch spikes?

Wally loves parades. I wonder if he gets tennis elbow from waving the whole time. This parade was the U of I homecoming parade down town.

When Joel got home from church last week, he found quite a site...water was spraying up from from under our mailbox. The city was soon there (our neighbors had already called) to fix the broken water main. Oddly, our mailbox had been backed over a week earlier, but they didn't think it was related. What did our mailbox do to get such bad karma? Anyway, they dug it out, fixed the pipe and filled it in in about 1.5 hours. Wally and I only caught the very end of it. It was pretty exciting for Wally though.

No comments:

Post a Comment