Monday, July 11, 2011

Colorado Trip Part I: Jacq's Wedding

I realize that I am very VERY far behind in blogging. You would think that with Wally in kindergarten now I would have a lot of time for blogging. I guess I've been keeping busy with things that don't require sitting at the computer. Anyway, a few months ago I up loaded pictures for a couple blogs on our Colorado trip, but have not managed to write anything...so I will do that now.

At the beginning of June, Wally and I road tripped to Colorado by ourselves. We made the fun 14 hour drive to Longmont all in one day. The kid is a champion traveller. We stopped by McDonald's in Sterling, CO. It had the coolest play area with instruments that would play music when the kids climbed on them.
The main reason for our trip to Colorado was for my friend Jacquelynn's wedding. While I got to hang out with my buddies in Fort Collins and Loveland, Wally stayed with my parents and my aunt and uncle. Wally got to do all sorts of fun things like visiting Bob Barkers Wild Animal Sanctuary, meeting some family friends, seeing the house I grew up in, seeing where I went to kindergarten and much more. Basically, the kid was spoiled with my parents and my aunt and uncle...what is better than being the only kid with 2 sets of grandmas and papas??

OK, on to the wedding. Jacquelynn and Randy got married at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch outside of Loveland. What a beautiful place. I am just so blessed to have such great friendships that have lasted for...20+ years! How did I get so lucky? Here, Jacq is opening her gift from Randy as we were getting ready for the wedding.

Jacq's littlest sister Averri did Jacq's hair and her other sister Andrea performed the ceremony. That family is full of talent!

I got to get ready for the wedding with my buddies Katie (friends since kindergarten) and Shaundra (friends since 7th grade). Jacq and I have been friends since 6th grade.

Jacq's dress was beautiful and fit her perfectly. It was an old-fashioned lace dress. Perfect!

A beautiful bride!

Being an artist, everything Jacq had for her wedding was beautiful. I loved how simple her bouquets were.

It was a beautiful day for a wedding, though maybe a bit hot if you were pregnant (Shaundra popped 4 days later).

Posing for pictures by Jacq's dad's old truck. Again, perfect.

A setting for a wedding couldn't get much better than this (accept maybe for me and Joel's reception, but I might be biased!). The happy couple, Jacquelynn and Randy.

Could this really be little Averri? I still picture her as a 4 year-old running through the stands during our basketball games.

Shaundra and Rob, almost parents!

Katie and Ryan. All four of us have been blessed with wonderful husbands!

Grandma and Papa brought Wally up for the wedding and stayed in the hotel with us the night of the wedding. Wally thought that was great!

The next morning, Grandma, Papa, Wally, and I spent some time enjoying the mountains and the ranch. Wally seemed to make a noose with a rope. Maybe it was too tight...hence the face. Or maybe Wally is just silly.
Pretty much a fun vacation with Grandma Mary and Papa Randy!

The ranch had awesome swings hanging from huge cotton wood trees. Me and my boy. I wish my big boy could have been there too. Wally found a fun tree house in the middle of a huge willow tree.



Did Papa really take Wally over that stream on that little one-log bridge?

My life would be complete if I had a swing like this. Papa seemed to enjoy it a bit too.

Wally and I went for a ride. It felt like we were flying as the ropes were so long.


After this, we said our good byes and headed back to Longmont. It was a great wedding and we wish Jacq and Randy a life filled with love. I miss my friends terribly, but am happy knowing they are all doing well and are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment