Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring time randomness...

Spring is here! Wally and I started our garden (now about 3 weeks ago). I think Wally loves dirt like I do. I local bank has baby animals in its basement every spring. We went a couple years ago, and I can't for the life of me find those pictures. Wally, as always, loved the animals. His favorite this year were the baby ducks.
Though he didn't get to hold the baby chicks this year (last time they pooped in his hand), he though petting them was fun. He really liked comparing the chicks and the ducks.
Then we went to Lowes with Stacy, Sander, and Levi to build a "fortune telling box." I only got my finger smashed once, so I consider it a success!
Later that day, Stacy and family came over and the boys decorated Easter Egg cookies. Wally must be my son and he seemed to think the point of decorating cookies is to get as much frosting as possible on to each cookie.
I think Wally was wondering if he could just pour the frosting right on.
We love our swing on the porch, but it is rather hard. I found some seat cushions that fit it perfectly, so I sewed 2 together. Wally loves playing with the cushion, so it isn't on the swing often.
Wally made a hide-out in the house (notice the swing cushion), but Moose quickly took it over.
We've had pretty good luck since we moved to Iowa City. First Free Happy Meals for a year, and now we just won a family membership to the Children's Museum. Pretty awesome! Since we can go now when it isn't horribly busy, Wally got to try the flight simulator with Daddy. Wally's favorite part was bouncing along on the ground taking out as many houses and trees as he could. Maybe he isn't ready for a ride in the Nighthawk!
Last Sunday was Youth Sunday at church. All of the kiddos got to go to the front and sing "This Little Light of Mine." Unlike at Christmas time, Wally was not shy.
Yes, I was the typical overly-proud mom who videoed and photographed throughout the song.




He's pretty cute though, right?

1 comment:

  1. He's very cute - I hadn't remembered to check out Wally Web for several days so it was pretty neat to find 3 posts. That's awesome about the museum!

    ReplyDelete