Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Youth Strike 2011

I had the wonderful opportunity to chaperone a group of 6 wonderful youth on a trip to Des Moines for Youth Strike for Christ 2011.We listened to several bands. The kids even went to the front during the concerts, until they decided the bands were "lame."
We used our creativity to enjoy fellowship with other youth and to build a really tall tower with our lunch boxes.
We packaged meals for Meals from the Heartland. These rice and soy-based meals will be sent to Haiti and other areas of the world (including the USA) where people are starving. Between all the youth at the conference, over 46,000 meals were packaged.
All of the kids enjoyed themselves at the dance...they even got me to do the chicken dance!
Though I had to sleep through the Super Bowl, I had a great time. These kids are wonderful and make me feel much better about the future of our world!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Jill - you are such a wonderful person and I'm so glad you're my daughter-in-law. I love you!

    ReplyDelete