Friday, February 4, 2011

Mountains of Fun

Yesterday, our loop finally got plowed. They did a great job making piles of snow for the kids. Whether they had this in mind, or we just got lucky, I don't know. Right across from our driveway is a huge pile, probably twice my height easily. Notice Wally almost to the top standing upright.
But, that isn't all. If you go behind the huge pile, there are just more and more piles. And, the piles go all the way around the loop making a super-fun mountain range to hike around.
This is Wally's climbing tree. His head is probably about at the height of me and Joel's when we are standing on the ground. Wally said, "When you take pictures of me climbing the tree, I fall down." And, he promptly fell out of the tree for this picture. Luckily, he only had about 6 inches to fall, rather than 6 feet.
This is a view of our house from on top of the tallest pile. Actually, I don't think I was even all the way to the top.
Wally and I made a slide down the backside of the big pile. When he stops at the end of the video, he isn't even to the bottom of the pile yet.

I am so thankful I have a kid so I have an excuse to play on the snow piles. I had so much fun! I know some of the neighbor kids were out digging caves after Wally and I went inside. I'm heading to Des Moines this weekend with our youth group, and am rather bummed that I will miss playing in the snow. Since it isn't supposed to get above freezing anytime soon, I'll probably have plenty of chances to play in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment