Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So, about 2 months ago (I know I'm a bit behind) at the end of August, Wally and I went to a local apple orchard to pick some apples for pies and eating fresh. I forgot Wally's hat in the car, but he figured out how to make a hat.Ah, the first apple.
As we were just wondering, we found a snake skin. It must have been from a bull snake because it was big. Wally thought it was pretty neat. But then it unexpectedly moved (thanks to the breeze), the kiddo jumped (nearly out of his skin), and wouldn't touch it again. In the bucket was fine.
We decided to leave the skin for others to enjoy. Red pie apples.Yellow apples for eating. Wally helped me peel the apples using my grandma's apple peeler. I wish she was still here to see him using it, but then again, I imagine she was watching.

The long peels were fun too.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the snakeskin part but I love the apple peeling song!

    ReplyDelete