Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Slime, Shapes, and Beauty Shop?

Wally came up stairs one day and started getting out a bowl and sugar and water. I asked him what he was doing, and he simply said, "making slime." Obviously. I questioned him more about it and found out he learned how to make slime while watching Sid the Science kid on PBS Kids. His recipe didn't seem right to me, so we got on line and found the episode where they made slime (1 part water and 1 part corn starch, plus food coloring). It was pretty messy, but fun. I love how he takes what he learns (yes, on TV or the Internet) and then tries to repeat it himself. Lately, he's been into doing "experiments." At Wally's parent/teacher conference, we were given some shape blocks for Wally. It has been fun working on those with him. Notice his tongue...that is why his lips are always chapped.

Look at our pattern!

Wally has been into making his own art projects or designing art projects for us to do. We were all outside, Daddy was pruning and I was hanging Christmas lights, and Wally was, well, being Wally. He disappeared and we found him in the house. He had collected a bunch of red leaves and was making flowers with them using pipe cleaners and construction paper.

He then left flowers on all 3 of our pillows. What a sweet kid! Scouty liked the flowers too.

One night, I'm not sure how it happened, but Wally decided he wanted to style my hair for me. Maybe I was having a particularly bad hair day, and he worked hard to make me "beautiful."

Here I am...beautiful. Thanks Wally!

1 comment:

  1. laughed all the way through this blog - that is when I didn't feel a little choked up.

    ReplyDelete