Monday, June 15, 2009

My Iowa Garden

I feel terrible for my family in Montana and South Dakota who have been hit by frost and hail. There's always next year or the next, or the next, or you could move to Iowa!

Though I am still learning how to garden Iowa style, our garden is coming along quite nicely. Our tomatoes are nearly to the tops of their cages and we're having beets for dinner tonight. I am currently dehydrating cilantro and dill. (If you have good recipes that use cilantro and dill, I'ld love to have them!) My Grandpa would say, "Knee high by the Fourth of July," in reference to corn. I might have to modify it to be "Knee high by the forth of June." I'm also loving having the time to work in the garden.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to eat some of that fresh garden stuff - see you next week!! Great pictures - thanks!

    ReplyDelete