Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter

Easter was a wonderful day from start to finish. First, the Easter Bunny stopped by and left an Easter basket for Wally to wake up to. The Easter Bunny gave Wally a froggy magnifying glass (mirror). He still loves it. On the way to church, he had to stop and look at every single flower with it. There were a lot of flowers too!
We went to a United Methodist church for Easter service. I wanted old-school hymns to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior. They failed to sing Morning Has Broken, but they had all of the other great Easter songs. Luckily, I have a Steve Hall CD of Morning Has Broken that I played the entire day. Shortly after church, the Easter Bunny stopped by again and hid Easter eggs outside and inside our house. Wally had a great time finding eggs, but without Reder for competition, the search just wasn't the same.

Last year, Wally ran like crazy finding eggs before Reder did (Reder was too into figuring out what was in each egg). This year, without competition, we had to keep reminding Wally that there were more eggs hidden. Once he discovered there was candy hidden in the plastic eggs in the house, he got even slower as he had to eat all the candy as he found it.How to hold 2 Easter baskets 101... Insert one basket into mouth.
Or, better yet, insert head through one and into the other!

What Easter is complete without eating one of those hard-boiled eggs the Easter Bunny left? Wally tried his first egg...
He still loves Daddy though!
This was the first Easter, or really any holiday, that Joel and I haven't been with some family. I decided that I would make an Easter "feast" anyway, for just the 3 of us. I have never made a "fancy" meal by myself, so I figured now would be a good time to try. I made green bean casserole, scalloped potatoes, cantalope (not so hard!) and a ham. For dessert, I made a fresh apple pie. I was quite proud of myself because I managed to get everything done at about the same time, and with enough time to eat before the baseball game started again. I called Joel and Wally to the table. Wally looked at the table, yelled, "No thank you, Mommy," and threw his milk on the floor. "Nigh, Nigh!" Well, I put Wally to bed and Joel and I enjoyed a not-quite-hot anymore Easter feast by ourselves. It was actually kinda nice to have it just be the two of us...I could gorge myself uninterrupted!

When Wally woke up, he feasted on chicken dippers and off we went to join Daddy at the baseball game. It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Jill - you look hot in the apple pie picture! Reder wants me to tell you he loves apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video of Wally tasting the Easter egg is so funny! Great pictures and story. Thanks, Jill.

    ReplyDelete